Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Moving on to Mississippi" or "Chugging past Chunky"

We’ve crossed over to Mississippi now and stopped for free coffee at the Welcome Center. The parking lot had several cars with Alabama tags and more than a few UA flags, stickers and window paint.

One of the tags was from Talladega County and I talked to the driver, who was walking his dog. They were both wearing Alabama shirts—the man and the dog.

Anyway they are from Sylacauga and I gave them my cell number (256-310-3222) and they said they would call me once they got set up to tailgate.

A hundred miles back or so we saw an R.V. decked out in Georgia Bulldog gear with window paint saying they were Sugar Bowl-bound. Kevin and I sighed and thought about what other more glamorous locations we could be headed to if it wasn’t for a loss to La.-Monroe or Mississippi State. Oh well, no use crying over spilled bowls.

So far Mississippi looks a lot like Alabama. Just inside the state we saw a road sign for Chunky, Miss.

Shortly after, we saw this sign:

I’d like to hear how a real estate agent could sell land that borders the Chunky River. I don’t even want to know what chunks in the water gave it that name. -aj

2 comments:

Gatorgal said...

Chunky means RIVER in Native Indian. I forget which tribe. So it the River River! Bahahaha!

Gatorgal said...

Chunky means RIVER in Native Indian. I forget which tribe. So it the River River! Bahahaha!