Saturday, September 1, 2007

App State wins ... in HD


When Appalachian State blocked Michigan's field goal the mass of people that had gathered 'round the tailgaters' televisions erupted.
The reaction made me realize just how many televisions and satellites there were in the quad.
And these are nice TVs too.
These people have televisions in this field that are nicer than the one in my living room.
I can remember when it was cool to tailgate with a tiny TV and bunny ear antennas. Here it is all flat screen HDTVs.
A few people even have projectors and screens.
When I walked around the quad just before 3 p.m. I saw about five games on, mostly Georgia Tech and Notre Dame.
Michael Huffman, of Trussville, told me he planned on watched the Michigan--I mean Appalachian State--game first, then Tech and ND, and would watch the Cal-Tennessee game after Alabama.
He bought a 32-inch Vizio HD flat screen last night for the game today.
"There's not a place in the living room for it yet," he said.
Here are some more pictures of the TVs at the game. The biggest one was set up by the Game Day Operations staff, who had a giant screen out in the quad showing the Tech-ND game.

No comments: